Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 8 Recap

Today we continued at the construction site trying to close in the house. It a
So was the last day of children's ministry, which is kinda sad. Today we are going to hear from Nicole, Nick and Josh B. I hope you enjoy their reports.

First from Nicole...

Well today was very interesting and very special to me in many ways from working hard at construction to playing with a bunch of kids in the afternoon. While working at the construction site I was praying for God to bless our hands and feet while we put in nails and screws. While we do little things like that it can cause such a greater blessing for the people. Just as I watched my team work it felt so great to see the passion to help and God's presence just surrounding us and keeping us safe. As we were with the kids in the afternoon it broke my heart to look into the eyes of the kids and see the hurt and pain these kids go through everyday of their lives. I pray each day that these kids find what everyone needs and that is, Jesus to fill our hearts and to complete our lives. Nicole Figueroa :)

Now Nick...

Nick here! Today stood out among all the rest mainly because of the opportunity I got to relate with the kids. In the previous days, I served more in the activities within the bus instead of out playing with all of the kids in anything they wanted to do. Fortunately, all of the kids today were very energetic and they were out playing dodgeball. I met a child that impacted me more so than the rest of them in the past week, his name was Daniel. At first, he just wanted to play on his own, but soon after the game started, he was by my side playing as my teammate. The moments when he held on to me and tug me around brought me a certain joy that I hadn't yet experienced, it was definitely something I valued greatly in him. Most of the children on the site have gone through many different situations that keep them from approaching us, but he was more than eager to come along side of me and become my "best buddy", as he called me. I have never been more impacted from a kid before, let alone on a missions trip/Christian gathering. There was also a kid named Limmy who was a lot like Daniel, kind and sociable. This was easily my favorite part of the children's ministry and probably of the trip itself. I thank God greatly for this particular opportunity and I'm blessed that He could use me within this outreach. I pray that both Daniel and Limmy will be affected by God's grace through the lessons A.R.M provides and they will experience the grace God will provide through the next teams that help to serve. It was hard to let go of these kids, but hopefully I will be able to encounter these two on the next trip!

Now back to you Josh Beauchamp...

This is Josh Beauchamp coming in live from Vida e cafe, I will be talking about what I've been doing for the past two days. Yesterday we started with construction on a house in the town of Bylas, we finished putting up the siding, and I started saw-zawing a window, but I realized that the saw blade was to short so I spent the majority of the rest of the time looking for a way to change the blade with a longer one. In the afternoon we did some more children's ministries. During our time with the kids, Tim Renzi, Chris Savarese, and myself let three little girls play basketball on our backs, I'm not exactly sure who won because we switched so many times. The one girl who stuck out to me the most was a girl named Persia, what stuck with me was how good she was at basketball before we gave her the rides. The next day (today) we started off construction, and Zac Betz and I spent the day using a hand saw to cut out the bottom parts of all the door parts in the frames in the house. I ended the day with even more children's ministries, and today I did our crafts. Our craft was making kaleidoscopes, and I spent the whole time making those, seeing all the children's faces light up when they looked through the kaleidoscopes was truly enlightening for me. That's all for now. This is Josh and Nick signing off.

Sent from my iPad

4 comments:

  1. Hey guys! It's Matt, you guys are doing an awesome job! Keep it going! I just wanted to let you guys know that me and the rest of our team is praying for you. Chris I want to hear about it when u get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey wats up guys. It's Eliama I saw what you guys are doing in the pictures it looks real cool. Keep up the good work, duecez!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey guys. Sounds like everything is going really well. Keeping you all in prayer...Michala, make sure you eat your vegetables.

      Delete
  3. Hi..AZ team....this is Mrs. Tuley....this morning during Devos we were to choose a team to pray for and then leave them a comment so I think a couple of our kids left comments for you already but I wanted u to know that I am praying for umall so much. Dear Lord, please bless each member of this them give them yours eyes heart energy and hands for today. Grant them humility and boldness to lift u high as they serve those placed in their path today. As they reachnoutmof themselves to others I ask that umreach deep inside of them and conform them even more to your image let them know how much you love them how much you have plans for them to impact yur kingdom and grant them excited anticipation to the growth process you are working within them speak to them through your word, your spirit and your people. bless them double fold for giving y

    ReplyDelete