Friday, April 13, 2012

Day 9 recap

Today we finished up our tasks at the house in Bylas, came in a little early and then played a couple of epic basketball games against Maciah and his crew. Our bloggers today are Erin, Lindsey and Josh Savidge.

First Erin...
Well this trip is not at all what I thought it would be. As much as I would have liked things to go my way, as usual God had other plans which included the death of my Yiayia (grandmother in Greek). It was hard for me to make the choice to stay, but I felt that God had put me here for a reason and I wanted to know what it was. Unfortunately that has been the hardest part -- figuring out why I'm here. Maybe God will choose to tell me why but so far He hasn't told me yet. Because of this I've found it hard to find a purpose in my work. Today I felt like I couldn't do anything good work-wise, and yesterday I had trouble finding a purpose with the little kids. It's different then what it was two years ago and I know that without the support and encouragement of my friends and family I would not have made it through this week, and I thank and praise God for them. Erin Panagotopulos

And now Lindsey...

Okay so on Tuesday, we went to Hallelujah Square. That was the best day for me. I got to play with so many little kids. Names that I can remember are Aaron, Jeron, Worm, Nicholas, and most of all Antoinette. Antoinette was this little girl, most adorable thing in the world, who looked like a real life version of Dora the Explorer. No joke. Hair and all. She was just the cutest thing. As soon as I went up to talk to her when I got off the bus, she gave me a huge hug. It was kind of confusing at first because I was thinking, how could this little girl who doesn't know me want to run up and hug me? So, I walked around and played with her and we grouped up with the other little guys and played duck, duck, goose. It was an intense game. By the end, I was exhausted from chasing the little guys around. Antoinette, as she got off the bus, told me that I was her friend and that she loved me. It made my life that this little girl thought so highly of me and that I was able to bring a short amount of joy into her life. -------Lindsey Whitbeck.

And finally Josh...

Hey guys, today was pretty intense. We finally completed the roof of the house we were working on and though we didn't have Bus Ministry, we all still had a great time. After all the construction we all played Apples to Apples and then got to play play basketball with the A-Team. It was a pretty fun day but bittersweet because it's the last day we'll see Machiah before he leaves for Marine training. It was really cool to finish up all that we've worked so hard for and then get to enjoy playing with everyone. This whole week has been fantastic because not only did I get to see all the people I connected with last time, but I also got to meet other great people and connect with even more kids. I thank God for the opportunity and pray for Machiah, the A-Team, the ARM staff and the people we served. Josh Savidge

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. Well, you all have obviously been working very hard, and God is using your hard work to draw so many people to Him. Though you may not see the immediate results of your efforts, remember that God has allowed each of you to participate in various stages of the "sowing" process. None of your efforts are in vain.

    Joshua, if there is any possible way, please have someone tell Machiah that I said hello and that I will be praying for him as he enters the Marines. Also relay my sentiments to the rest of the ARM staff. I miss them, but I love knowing that their ministry is continuing to do wonderful things there on the Rez.

    Awesome job, everyone. We'll continue to pray for your strength for the remainder of your stay.

    Mrs. Savidge

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great experience and I want to thank you for taking the time to blog everyday!! I feel as if I was there witnessing all the awesome work you were preforming. I am so very sure that you made a difference in someone's live and I thank God for young adults like you that give of themselves. The house roof looks wonderful. I was just wondering who got Zac up there. That is a miracle in itself. Zac tells us he is afraid of heights. God bless and please have a safe trip home!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Note to Zac - Your mom figured out to blog on her own... I did not help! :-)

    Arizona team - I've been following your work and your fun - all in all it sounds like there has been much growth both as young adults and Christians. Thanks for keeping us in the loop and for letting us experience your trip through your eyes and thoughts. Praying for continued strength, growth, enjoyment and safety!!

    ReplyDelete