Sunday, April 15, 2012

Some recap of my own

Well everyone is in bed here on our last night in Arizona and I am up writing. I wanted to share a few things before we get on the plane later today and head back to our "normal" lives.

First, since no one gave you a recap of Friday nights basketball game, I guess I have to. We were challenged by the A team, the three construction guys for ARM for the Rez and their friends. Since Tim can't let a challenge go, we were stuck playing them. So on Friday we went to the Globe park to play, outside, in the cold, in the wind, against a team that was 30-2. Tim, Michala, Harry, Nicole, Nick, Josh B, Josh S, Chris, Zac, and yours truly all signed up to play. Well the first game didn't go too well, but Tim couldn't let it go so we played again. Down 2-1, and with three quick puffs of the inhaler, I ended the game, hit three quick baskets and Kings took the lead. Late in the game, with it all tied up and needing to win by two, I saw my chance and hit from behind the three point line to seal the win. Oh and some of the other guys made some shots along the way too, almost forgot to mention that. So today I've been in serious pain all day. I just may be too old for this after all....

On to the good stuff...

Today we were able to work in another house. The team did a great job with the electrical work this morning. In the afternoon we were planning a
Title shopping but got a call from the ARM staff to see if we could help move some rocks without compliant the whole team piled in the van and off we went. We've just completed a movie night, devotions and prayer. It was a blessing to hear how God has used them this week and how they have ministered to each other. This has been a great week and I have been truly blessed by being a part of it all. I can't wait to see what God has in store for these 13 phenomenal young men and women next in their journey with Him. It is going to be amazing.

Well, that's all for now. We may get a chance to blog on our trip home so check back for some more. See you all back in NJ soon.

God bless,

Jack

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Jack! Great post!! So proud of these young adults. There attitude and actions reflect that of their leadership! So grateful to you and Danelle!!

    Have a safe trip home!! Looking forward to hearing more stories.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete